The Story of a Mom, a Wife a Small-Business-Owner-Hopeful (Happy Baby Designs) and a Craft Lover, trying to be present (not just exist) in my life with my children, my husband and myself. Follow along with me as I chronicle my crafting and business endeavors, my true life and some mommy moments along the way .


Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Easy Baby Dress



So I'd been wanting to make a fun (easy) spring dress for my daughter. I found this fabric that I absolutely ADORED and thought it would be perfect for my first attempt at making clothes. I'd seen several patterns for making a "pillowcase" dress, but I was looking for something a little more tailored. I found this great pattern by Made By Petchy. I am not a seamstress by any stretch of the imagination, but it was so easy to follow and I think it turned out great! She uses binding tape, but I didn't have any so I just used my fabric to make a long tie and hemmed the arm holes and bottom. For that reason, my dress turned out a little short since I sewed a double hem, but it looks super cute with tights! Next time I'll either use binding tape or just make the length a little longer to accommodate the hem. I'm looking forward to making many more of these as the weather starts warming up!

1 comment:

  1. i love these dresses! i saw them at canton a some time ago and thought, "I can do that!". add some leggings and a big bow---

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear from you guys! You all are the GREATEST! (And I love to reply to comments so make sure you have an email address attached to your Blogger Profile!)