The Story of a Mom, a Wife a Small-Business-Owner-Hopeful (Happy Baby Designs) and a Craft Lover, trying to be present (not just exist) in my life with my children, my husband and myself. Follow along with me as I chronicle my crafting and business endeavors, my true life and some mommy moments along the way .


Sunday, February 7, 2010

My New Year's Resolution

I'm not one to usually make New Year's Resolutions, because I don't think anyone actually follows through with them anyway. However, this year I broke my trend and did make a resolution for 2010. I have been crafting and sewing a lot lately, as I build my small business (Happy Baby Designs) and I kept coming across all these great projects that I would love to try, but I don't have the time (with 2 little ones underfoot) or the need for all of the wonderful things I kept seeing. So I decided I would MAKE every gift I give this year. It will give me the chance to make some fun things that I otherwise might not attempt; I get to give my loved ones a gift that is truly from my heart; and hopefully I get to expand my sewing and crafting skills. It may seem like a lofty goal, but I think I can do it. I'll definitely have to plan ahead (no last minute trips to Target the night before a birthday party!) but I think I can do it. Fortunately there are so many wonderful blogs out there with so many creative ideas that I will never have a shortage of projects I can pull from. So hopefully keeping this blog will also help me stay accountable as I report on my progress throughout the year. If you have a project idea to share, I'd love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE to hear from you guys! You all are the GREATEST! (And I love to reply to comments so make sure you have an email address attached to your Blogger Profile!)