The Story of a Mom, a Wife a Small-Business-Owner-Hopeful (Happy Baby Designs) and a Craft Lover, trying to be present (not just exist) in my life with my children, my husband and myself. Follow along with me as I chronicle my crafting and business endeavors, my true life and some mommy moments along the way .


Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Felted Coin Purse

Remember how I learned to crochet during my recent vacation to visit my family? Well I finally finished the felted crochet coin purse that I had started.



It turned out really cute and was so easy I wish I'd finished it sooner! (Ok, ok, I've been a little busy making a T-shirt quilt and Dinosaur Crowns so I'll cut myself some slack!).

I used this pattern and it was a great way to practice felting. Now I want to felt everything! For those of you that aren't familiar with felting, this is a pretty comprehensive set of instructions.

Here's what it looked like before I felted it:


And after (I ended up running it through my washing machine 3 times):

(sorry for the color change, it's the "flash vs. no flash" difference in my camera, but I promise it's the same project.)


Notice that it's not a perfect rectangle so I trimmed it. I was really nervous about doing it but it actually worked!


Next I folded it into place and safety pinned it (regular straight pins weren't long enough), leaving about 2" for the flap. Then I sewed my toggle button into place.


I finished by sewing the sides together.


You could really customize this to any size since it's just a simple rectangle. It would be really cute as a glasses' case, business card holder, camera case, even a small clutch. The possibilities are endless! I guess I'd better get to crocheting!

Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE to hear from you guys! You all are the GREATEST! (And I love to reply to comments so make sure you have an email address attached to your Blogger Profile!)