The Story of a Mom, a Wife a Small-Business-Owner-Hopeful (Happy Baby Designs) and a Craft Lover, trying to be present (not just exist) in my life with my children, my husband and myself. Follow along with me as I chronicle my crafting and business endeavors, my true life and some mommy moments along the way .


Friday, May 14, 2010

Future Project Friday #4


This week on Future Project Friday, I am featuring this great tutorial from All Things Thrifty for how to turn ordinary snapshots into cool works of art.


I love how she not only turns these photos of her kids into something new and exciting, but I like how she blows them up, as well. It really turns them into pop art. And she did it all for around $20! It doesn't get any better than that.

I've actually already been playing around with some photos of my kids because I LOVE this idea so much. I'm getting ready to redo our living/dining room (which doubles as guest/craft room) and I'm looking for some art to display over the couch. I'd love to incorporate these! Anyway, here's what I've done so far...

(No, he's not squinting and grimacing, this is my son's "smile".)


I didn't erase the background in my pictures as Brooke did, but I think it whites itself out pretty nicely. I'm not sure I'm in love with my son's picture, but I might just need to tweak it a little more. What do you think?


So go check out the tutorial and browse the website while you're there. She has lots of great decorating ideas, especially for furniture transformations. If you were following along for Poppies at Play's Parade of Homes, you might recognize Brooke's home. She was number 7 on the stop. I totally want to try this idea for some dramatic wall art!

Now go find some cute pics of your kids and start tweaking!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this idea. Your kids photos look great (one of my little ones used to smile like your son :)).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea! Thanks for sharing.

    Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear from you guys! You all are the GREATEST! (And I love to reply to comments so make sure you have an email address attached to your Blogger Profile!)