The Story of a Mom, a Wife a Small-Business-Owner-Hopeful (Happy Baby Designs) and a Craft Lover, trying to be present (not just exist) in my life with my children, my husband and myself. Follow along with me as I chronicle my crafting and business endeavors, my true life and some mommy moments along the way .


Sunday, May 30, 2010

Garage Sale Treasures

Before we had children, it seemed I went garage saling (is that a real word?) every weekend. Since having children...not so much.

Well thanks to my terrific, understanding husband, I've managed to make it out to garage sales several weekends since the "season" began.

This weekend, I hit a couple of church sales (love those!) a thrift store and a few garage sales. Here's what I ended up with - 2 kids' chairs (solid wood), handmade wooden table, brass lamp, 5 picture frames, 2 wire baskets, 3 wooden plaques.

I got all of this for just under $30! I think I did pretty good!

Here's a closer look at that beautiful (not) brass lamp (I've already gotten to work on this beauty!) that I got for a steal at $3!

And the handmade, solid wood table I got for $7!


I'm not sure what exactly I'm going to do with the table and kids' chairs yet, but I'm sure I'll think of something. I do already have plans for the picture frames, though (stay tuned!).

So how about you? Any luck at the garage sales this weekend?


Showing off my treasures at:

 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/

southern hospitality

14 comments:

  1. Great finds! I love the wire baskets and that lovely lamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that for less than 30 bucks??! You scored!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome finds..now the fun part is will be coming up with some fun colors to make them your own!~ Thanks so much for linking up to my party. I hope you enjoy some other of the participants as well. This is a great way to make new friends as well:) Have a wonderful Memorial day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In portugal we don't have garage sales, what we have is old staff's fairs. I usually look for books...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did super great. I can't wait to see what you do with everything. That lamp is great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a thing for old wooden charis and tables. DH says the nastier, the better I like them. He also says he won't help me bring any more home, but that's not hard to work around.
    Have fun with your treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the wire lamps and the table! Great finds!!! My husband knows Saturday is my morning off! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am following from Coastal Charm! Great deals and I love the lamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome finds..you did a good job..
    enjoyed your post...
    blessings,
    glenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you got quite a haul! Fabulous finds, I love that lamp and the wire baskets and can't wait to see what you do with the table and chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for coming to NTT...luv that lamp!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. New follower, visiting from NTT. Loving your finds, you definitely scored! And yes, garage saling is definitely a word, although I never know how to spell it!

    -Ann Marie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Girl! What amazing finds! Visiting you from Debbie's and I'm not sure if I'm happy about it. I'm green with envy at your wonderful treasures! OK, OK. I'm glad I came. I just need to go with you next time!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear from you guys! You all are the GREATEST! (And I love to reply to comments so make sure you have an email address attached to your Blogger Profile!)