The Story of a Mom, a Wife a Small-Business-Owner-Hopeful (Happy Baby Designs) and a Craft Lover, trying to be present (not just exist) in my life with my children, my husband and myself. Follow along with me as I chronicle my crafting and business endeavors, my true life and some mommy moments along the way .


Sunday, January 9, 2011

Back in Business!

For those of you that have been reading my blog for some time, you know that I have been struggling to find the right venue for my business, Happy Baby Designs.

I opened my Etsy shop about a year ago, but I wasn't really getting good traffic and I became disheartened with the whole process. So I closed my shop and didn't sew or sell for awhile.

As the holidays were approaching, I decided to try my hand at selling at Craft Fairs.

What I learned from selling at craft fairs was that I really enjoyed the experience, but it just wasn't profitable.

So I've now come full circle. I have reopened my Etsy shop and am optimistic about my success. Nothing major has changed with Etsy since I last sold on there, but I believe that I am different and I plan to devote the time/energy/effort it will take to be successful.

So if you're in need of a baby or toddler gift, go check out Happy Baby Designs on Etsy. I've got Binky Bags...
Baby Blankies...
Car Playmats...
and Custom Birthday Shirts...
Be sure to check back often because I will soon be listing Toddler Aprons (once the sun comes out again and I can take more pictures!)...
Burp Cloths...
and Super Hero Capes (once I sew some more, and the sun comes out so I can take some pictures!)...

I hope you take a look around the shop and keep Happy Baby Designs in mind the next time you need a baby shower gift, birthday gift, or a "just because" gift!

Now I'm going to get a little sappy ☺ I really appreciate everyone's kind words as I've expressed my business struggles here on my blog. For those of you that are in a similar situation, feeling frustrated with trying to get your business off the ground, I will leave you with a quote that has inspired me to "keep on truckin' " (as one reader put it ;)

“Work joyfully and peacefully, knowing that right thoughts and right efforts will inevitably bring about right results.” — James Allen
Link

7 comments:

  1. It looks like you've got some great products, so you should do well! All the best...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute products! All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for that last quote, I needed it! Hope your business is a huge success and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently came across your blog, and I love what you make. I too have struggled with making etsy work. And the one craft fair I tried didn't work out too great either. I refuse to give up! It seems I do better by word of mouth. Besides, I do this because I love to create - not to get rich. Hope things pick up for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i wish you all the best, rebecca! let me know if i can do antyhing to help!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best wishes! You make some beautiful things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, sounds like we're in the same boat! I'm optimistic though, and you should be too. Your stuff is great and once the ball starts rolling, I'm sure it won't stop. Hang in there and keep in touch :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear from you guys! You all are the GREATEST! (And I love to reply to comments so make sure you have an email address attached to your Blogger Profile!)