The Story of a Mom, a Wife a Small-Business-Owner-Hopeful (Happy Baby Designs) and a Craft Lover, trying to be present (not just exist) in my life with my children, my husband and myself. Follow along with me as I chronicle my crafting and business endeavors, my true life and some mommy moments along the way .


Thursday, February 18, 2010

Breast is Best!

So I just joined the group "If breastfeeding offends you, put a blanket over YOUR head!" on Facebook. I am a firm believer that the breast is best. I breastfed both of my children past their first birthday. Apparently Facebook does not allow pictures of women breastfeeding their babies. It just seems so absurd to me that since the beginning of TIME, women have been breastfeeding their babies; yet still, in 2010, people still think it's inappropriate, sexual, whatever. I think it's beautiful and wonderful and miraculous and I think we should continue to celebrate it.



Ok, I'm climbing down off my soapbox now!

2 comments:

  1. amen sister. i nursed for 16 months. i was okay giving it up at that time because 1 she had teeth and 2 i wanted to reclaim my boobs, however, it didn't hit me until 2 months later that i bawled like a baby. i missed that bondy time and i realized that she was getting older. i was so proud taht i was able to provide for her. With this, each and everytime i see a mom nursing in public, i let her know that she is doing a great thing. the heck with what others thing, it is the most natural thing one should and can do. Oh, btw, i took a picture too so that i could remember moments like that

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup! I'm with you too! I struggled like you wouldn't believe to nurse my oldest daughter. I pumped for 3 months and finally got her to nurse and she nursed till she was 13 months.
    Then I nursed my twins for 14 months. It's nice to use boobs for what they were intended!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear from you guys! You all are the GREATEST! (And I love to reply to comments so make sure you have an email address attached to your Blogger Profile!)