The Story of a Mom, a Wife a Small-Business-Owner-Hopeful (Happy Baby Designs) and a Craft Lover, trying to be present (not just exist) in my life with my children, my husband and myself. Follow along with me as I chronicle my crafting and business endeavors, my true life and some mommy moments along the way .


Sunday, May 23, 2010

Floor Cushion

A couple of weeks ago, I saw this tutorial from Susan over at Living with Punks for making a Land of Nod inspired floor cushion. So cute, right?


If you prowl the blog world like I do, you probably saw it too.

Anyway, the timing couldn't have been more perfect. I was trying to figure out what to make for a dear friend's 5 year old son. I have a couple of boy projects in my arsenal, but the problem is I had already made the car playmat for one of his brothers and the super easy child's apron for the other brother. Now I had to come up with something totally new for him! And since I am MAKING every gift I give this year, I couldn't exactly run out to Target and pick up the latest and greatest new toy. Then, as fate would have it, I stumbled upon Susan's floor cushion tutorial.

So I ran right out to my local Joann's and bought some fun polka dot home decor fabric and got to work. Susan's tutorial was very easy to follow. I left out the piping on mine which made this a very easy project. And here's how it turned out...


I just LOVE the handle. It really transforms this from just a "pillow" to something special.


We picked up a few books to wrap up along with the new floor cushion. And here's a picture of the birthday boy with his custom, handmade, one of a kind, you-don't-have-to-share-with-your- brothers, new floor cushion...

(I hope that's a I-love-my-new-floor-cushion-but-am-not-happy-about-having-to-stop-opening-presents-to-smile-for-this-picture smile.) :)

Anyway, if you have little ones, this is a great project to tackle. I've already added this to my "to make" list for my own kids!

5 comments:

  1. Nice job...and a great idea...

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks great, and it looks like your son is enjoying it which makes it all worth while! props to you for actually using someone's idea. i am good at gathering ideas, but bad at always remembering to use them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your son looks so happy, that is the true test! Great job!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!!...That looks great and I love the fabric you used! Don't forget to post a picture to my flickr group too!
    ~Susan
    www.3punkmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! I'm a new follower. Found you through Tag-Along Tuesday!
    Check out my blog! http://thetwentyfours.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear from you guys! You all are the GREATEST! (And I love to reply to comments so make sure you have an email address attached to your Blogger Profile!)